The only starter in this game that was on the postseason roster when the Giants last faced the Rangers during the 2010 World Series is Nate Schierholtz.
C: Buster Posey (possibly Hector Sanchez as backup)
1B: Brandon Belt/Aubrey Huff/Buster Posey (against LHP on days off from catching)
2B: Freddy Sanchez
3B: Pablo Sandoval
SS: Brandon Crawford (possibly Emmanuel Burriss as a RH compliment)
LF: Aubrey Huff
CF: Melky Cabrera
RF: Nate Schierholtz
Before anyone freaks the hell out, there’s still a lot of off-season decisions to go through. This is only Bruce Bochy’s opinion of what he has now.
- Mom: did you hear that Barry Zito and Nate Schierholtz got married today?
- Me: to each other?!
- Mom: no.
- Me: aw, that's too bad. That would have been a much better story.
- Sergio Romo placed on DL.
- Carlos Beltran placed on DL.
- Miguel Tejada activated.
- Nate Schierholtz injured.
- Jeff Keppinger injured.
- Aaron Rowand injured.
Aubrey Huff remains immortal.
The DL is comin’ for ya’! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!
You guys know me. Brandon Belt has been my guy all season. I’ve been going crazy with giraffe gifs and such. #FreeBrandonBelt tags have all but ceased…until recently.
I don’t want Belt to be called up if that scenario is to happen. All that means is that he’ll be yo-yo’d right back down to Fresno yet again as soon as they recover. C’mon, the guy’s had enough of that shit this season.
All it took was an injury and few months of Mr. Dickbat doing bad things at the plate for him to be benched last year and this year.
Huff has been horrible THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKING SEASON, yet Bochy still “likes the way he’s been swinging his bat.” Tell me what the fuck there is to like, other than that lone, useless home run a couple days ago.
- The awesome pop-ups
- The awesome grounders
- The awesome 4-3 put outs
- The awesome inability to take walks
- The awesome infield hits
- The awesome way he got on base after someone lost a pop-up in the sun
All of these sound completely awesome, so my mistake, there’s plenty to like about that swing.
But seriously, what the fuck makes Huff so special? It doesn’t take Bochy much to bench any other player.
- Cody Ross had a HORRIBLE July, hitting .193/.304/.281. But he still replaced Torres in the lead-off spot because Bochy “lost confidence” in him (who was hitting .260/.313/.364 in July). Somehow, “the hot hand” applies to this.
- Schierholtz is having a small rough stretch, but now he’s immediately benched.
- Burrell was benched LOOOOONG ago.
- Tejada was replaced, and somehow a clone of him was the right way to go.
I have to assume that money does not play an option in Bochy’s decisions, especially considering what he’s done with Rowand and Tejada. But if it’s not money, THEN WHY THE FUCK HASN’T HUFF BEEN BENCHED YET? I am seriously going fucking crazy. I need to explore what’s going on in Bochy’s ridiculously huge head. Because I honestly don’t know why Huff gets so much special treatment.
FREE THE FUCK OUT OF BRANDON BELT. If you need me, I’ll be angrily looking at my TV screen as I watch the DiamondBack’s rookie first baseman get playing time.